Meetings that include one or more panels on placename study are:
1. Society for Name Studies in Britain and Ireland.
2. Annual Names Institute at Baruch College (CUNY), New York. Contact Wayne H. Finke,
Modern Languages, Box G-1224, Baruch College, 17 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10010-5526 firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Canadian Society for the Study of Names, Usually held in May. Contact:
Helen Kerfoot, Ottawa, hkerfoot@NRCan.gc.ca.
4. Council of Geographic Names Authorities. Usually held in September.
5. The annual meeting of the American Name Society is held in late December of
every year. Two panels are usually co-sponsored by the Modern Language Association, and
proposals (short abstracts) for those panels must be submitted by March 2. For all
other panels, proposals must be submitted by September 1. Information may be obtained from
DeVinne, President of the American Name Society.
6. The 22nd International Congress of Onomastic Sciences was held in Uppsala, Sweden
in August 2002. The location for the next Congress has not been
BACK TO MAIN PAGE